The Jets were on the field today for their second practice. Here were some of the things that happened based on reports from those on site:
- Quarterback Sam Darnold was still absent, as he still hasn't finalized his rookie contract;
- Quincy Enunwa is now no longer wearing a red no-contact jersey. However Terrelle Pryor and Marcus Maye still sat out most of the team activities;
- The defense was dominant early, as usual. Derrick Jones flashed with a sack and two interceptions, although he was ruled out of bounds on one;
- Josh McCown was also almost picked by Darron Lee, who dropped a potential pick-six near his own goal line and Parry Nickerson, who jumped a route;
- Rookie Chris Herndon came down with an impressive one-handed catch for a touchdown;
- Dylan Donahue had two sacks and Leonard Williams and Nathan Shepherd were reportedly disruptive all day;
- Thomas Rawls and Spencer Long were standouts on offense;
- Running back Isaiah Crowell saw some return work on special teams;
- Doug Middleton continue to see first team reps;
- The Jets hosted running backs Alfred Morris and Orleans Darkwa on official visits as news broke that Elijah McGuire has suffered a broken foot; and
- They also worked out defensive tackle Drew Iddings, but presumably that was yesterday before they opted to sign Shaneil Jenkins, who Bowles said they've had some interest in for a while and he's perhaps a better fit for the system than Courtney Upshaw.
Pads go on tomorrow!