The Jets are holding their three-day mandatory minicamp this week and the media were on hand for today's practice, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- Mekhi Becton was in attendance, although he was just working with the trainers in the rehab area;
- CJ Uzomah, DJ Reed, Jeremy Ruckert, Jamien Sherwood, Carl Lawson and George Fant were also in the rehab area;
- Zach Wilson completed eight of his first nine passes in 11-on-11 drills, including four to Jeff Smith. The longest pass went to Corey Davis who made a leaping catch. Elijah Moore and Lawrence Cager also had catches;
- Deuce Carter was in good position against Tyler Conklin to force the one third down incompletion;
- Joe Flacco hit UDFA Calvin Jackson on a deep ball on his first set but Jackson dropped it;
- Denzel Mims had a long catch on a Mike White pass;
- As the team moved onto 7-on-7's, Wilson completed 12 of his first 13 including a nice pass to Braxton Berrios against zone coverage, a long bomb for 50+ to DJ Montgomery and a sharp pass over the middle which Garrett Wilson made a nice adjustment to come up with;
- Moore beat Hardee deep down the sideline but Wilson overthrew him; and
- The Jets ran a full-team two-minute drill which saw Davis make a downfield catch from Wilson working against Sauce Gardner but the drive stalled after a couple of incompletions and a Tim Ward sack.
The Jets will practice again tomorrow and on Thursday.