The Jets are holding their three-day mandatory minicamp this week and the media were on hand for today's practice, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- Zach Wilson's first series saw him hit on six of nine passes, including Elijah Moore on an out-breaking route against Sauce Gardner and Jeff Smith downfield for a touchdown against Bryce Hall. Wilson then hit Smith again over the middle and Braxton Berrios twice;
- Denzel Mims had an early first down catch on Joe Flacco's first set and then made a contested catch down the field;
- Wilson then hit Smith again for a long touchdown against Hall in seven-on-sevens, with Smith making a one-handed catch on a well-thrown deep ball;
- In 7-on-7 red zone work, Wilson went just 2-for-8 with a completion to Ace Carter and a Gardner interception (which would have been a 100-yard pick six);
- The Jets then finished practice with a two-minute drill, which opened with Gardner breaking up a pass to Davis down the field; and
- Wilson then hit Conklin for a short gain before his third down pass was almost intercepted, leading to a punt.
The Jets are officially scheduled to practice again tomorrow but whether the media will cover this (and even if they will practice at all) is currently uncertain.