The Jets were on the field for the final practice of the first week of on-field OTA's with the media on hand to get to see new quarterback Zach Wilson and the rest of the new additions for the first time.
Here's what went down, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- The following players were not in attendance: Marcus Maye, Jamison Crowder, Mekhi Becton, Alex Lewis, Denzel Mims, Carl Lawson, Chuma Edoga;
- In attendance but not practicing were Corey Davis and rookies Brandin Echols and Jonathan Marshall;
- Wide receiver Lawrence Cager went down with an apparent hamstring injury;
- Wilson was sharp in 7-on-7's, completing 12-of-16 passes overall. He did miss a few throws and was said to have held the ball for too long a few times, but overall was impressive;
- With Davis, Crowder and Mims not practicing, Keelan Cole stepped up and was Wilson's top target with a handful of catches;
- Wilson also connected with Chris Herndon, Tyler Kroft and Braxton Berrios on nice passes;
- Running back Michael Carter dropped a pass but was said to have impressed with his change of direction skills;
- Elijah Campbell impressively broke up a pass;
- Mike White and James Morgan also got some reps with White connecting on a touchdown pass on a dump-off to Josh Malone, who also got some first team reps; and
- Linebacker Noah Dawkins caused some friction with a too-hard hit on Carter.
After practice, CJ Mosley spoke to the media and said he is feeling good and hopeful he can get back to his pro bowl form. He apparently kept up with the Jets' in-season workout regime from afar having opted out last year.