The Jets were on the field for the another practice on Wednesday with the media on hand.
Here's what went down, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- The following players were not in attendance: Marcus Maye, Jamison Crowder, Mekhi Becton, Alex Lewis;
- In attendance but not practicing were Corey Davis and Denzel Mims;
- Zach Wilson threw touchdowns to Elijah Moore, Tyler Kroft and Braxton Berrios in the first red zone drill but his other two attempts were broken up by rookies Jason Pinnock and Isaiah Dunn;
- Ace Carter impressed with a good cutback run during an 11-on-11 period, but Ty Johnson, Tevin Coleman and Austin Walter all also had nice gains;
- Vyncint Smith fumbled after making a nice grab on a Mike White pass over the middle;
- Wilson had an impressive second set in the 11-on-11 period, connecting on three straight passes, including one to Moore and a downfield toss on a wheel route to Carter;
- Lamarcus Joyner intercepted White on a deep ball and broke up a Wilson pass in red zone drills;
- Wilson was intercepted in a red zone drill as Deuce Carter - who was getting a lot of reps with the first unit - picked off the pass that went in-and-out of Smith's hands;
- Wilson again went 3-for-5, finding Carter, Moore and Chris Herndon with his last three attempts;
- White threw a touchdown to Coleman, who made an acrobatic catch at the goal line; and
- The defense dominated the second team periods as Wilson had to keep checking down.
The media will have access again for practice on Friday and we'll share another report then.