The Jets were on the field for the another practice on Friday with the media on hand.
Before practice, Robert Saleh spoke to the media and confirmed that Mekhi Becton is dealing with plantar fasciitis that should keep him out of action for a few weeks but won't need surgery. He also confirmed that the team worked out tackle Morgan Moses last week and that Jamison Crowder has been absent due to a contract issue but "absolutely" has a role on the team. Also, Corey Davis' shoulder injury is supposedly not serious and wouldn't prevent him from playing if the Jets had a game this week.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- The following players were not in attendance: Marcus Maye, Crowder;
- In attendance but not practicing today were Becton and Blake Cashman;
- Zach Wilson's first 11-on-11 session was highlighted by a catch-and-run by Elijah Moore, who beat Bryce Hall on an in-route;
- In the first 7-on-7 redzone session, Wilson went 4-for-5 with touchdowns to Vyncint Smith, Ty Johnson, Ace Carter and Moore. His other pass to Braxton Berrios was caught near the sideline but ruled incomplete;
- Moore, Carter, Berrios and Keelan Cole were working on catching punts;
- Defense dominated the next 11-on-11 sessions. Wilson hit Berrios for a first down but otherwise overthrew an open Cole, had a pass dropped by DJ Montgomery and was sacked by Jabari Zuniga;
- In the final 7-on-7 period, JT Hassell intercepted Wilson, but he bounced back with touchdowns to Denzel Mims and Ryan Griffin;
- Griffin was shaken up on that play but did appear to be okay;
- CJ Mosley also almost intercepted Wilson in the 7-on-7 period but Wilson completed passes to Johnson, Cole and La'Mical Perine;
- The backup quarterbacks struggled all day; and
- In special teams work, Sam Ficken made all four of his field goals, but Chris Naggar hooked one wide.
The media will have access again for practice on Friday and we'll share another report then.