The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Thursday with media on hand.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Bryce Hall returned to practice after having personal leave yesterday;
- Deuce Carter got some first team reps;
- James Morgan got the first reps with the first unit today and hit Trevon Wesco for a nice gain on his first series;
- The Jets ran the ball well early on in 11-on-11's with Ty Johnson, Ace Carter, La'Mical Perine, Austin Walter and Josh Adams all made good yardage, mostly on outside runs;
- Mike White's first series featured a couple of short passes and two nice gains to Corey Davis;
- Morgan threw the first interception of camp, with Brandin Echols stepping in front of a late throw to Davis for the pick-six;
- Morgan then threw behind Jamison Crowder, who dropped it, and underthrew Daniel Brown;
- White had a successful second series, albeit mostly on short passes, as he hit Vyncint Smith and Denzel Mims for good gains;
- The defense stepped up on Morgan's third series with Carl Lawson, Foley Fatukasi and John Franklin-Myers all blowing plays up in the backfield. Alijah Vera-Tucker also false-started;
- On White's third series, he hit Jamison Crowder, who beat Echols for a gain of about 20. Perine also had another good run;
- Morgan's fourth set saw him miss an open Keelan Cole down the field. Johnson, Walter and Carter also ran for nice gains, behind the second string offensive line; and
- On White's fourth series, Lawson broke through with two more would-be sacks working against Mekhi Becton.
There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET. Check back here for more of the same.