The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Friday with media on hand.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Starting quarterback Zach Wilson was on the field for his first camp practice after having signed his rookie deal yesterday;
- Vyncint Smith got some second team reps with Denzel Mims dropping down to the third team;
- Wilson's first throw was a 40-yarder down the middle with Elijah Moore making a diving catch against Bryce Hall;
- Tevin Coleman had a big run in this series too, running behind Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker;
- Mike White's first series featured a nice pass to Manasseh Bailey;
- La'Mical Perine also had a good run over the left side;
- Carl Lawson beat Becton for another sack, then beat him with an inside move for a pressure a few plays later as Wilson was less sharp on his second series;
- White completed a long pass to DJ Montgomery who was working against Isaiah Dunn;
- Wilson hit Corey Davis on a slant for a score in red zone drills;
- Marcus Maye intercepted a poor Wilson pass but then Wilson bounced back to hit Braxton Berrios on a low throw;
- Wilson struggled on seven red zone plays with just one completion short of the goal line. Hall broke up one fade route to Keelan Cole;
- White had more success, connecting with Jeff Smith;
- James Morgan, who didn't get many reps, hit Lawrence Cager for a touchdown to finish practice; and
- Chris Naggar made three of four in the kicking gauntlet, while Sam Ficken made two of four. Both Ficken's misses were from beyond 50.
There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET with fans in attendance. Check back here for more of the same.