The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Saturday with media and fans on hand.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Hamsah Nasirildeen got first team work as the third linebacker in base packages while also working alongside Jamien Sherwood with the second unit;
- The offense got off to a slow start as Josh Adams dropped a Zach Wilson pass. Ace Carter, Tevin Coleman and La'Mical Perine had some good runs though;
- The second team session started better with Corey Davis beating Bless Austin to catch a first down pass from Wilson on the outside;
- Wilson then got into a rhythm as Ty Johnson caught a 15-yard screen pass, Keelan Cole made a contested catch over Isaiah Dunn by the sideline and Denzel Mims picked up a first down after Wilson escaped the pocket;
- James Morgan impressed on a long pass down the seam to Tyler Kroft;
- Lawrence Cager made an impact with the reserves, making two early catches in 11-on-11's;
- In the next session, Wilson stepped up to avoid pressure from John Franklin-Myers who beat Morgan Moses off the edge, and launched a long bomb to Elijah Moore for an 80-yard touchdown. Moore had been passed off into zone coverage;
- Jamison Crowder had a good gain on an end around;
- Rookie Jason Pinnock intercepted Mike White on a spectacular play where he caught a tipped pass while on his back;
- Moore shook loose from Bryce Hall for a first down catch on the outside which Wilson followed up with completions to Braxton Berrios, Chris Herndon and Cole;
- Lamar Jackson broke up a Mike White pass;
- James Morgan hit Jeff Smith for a nice gain and then connected with DJ Montgomery on a 50-yard touchdown;
- The final session open with another Wilson to Moore connection but then Perine fumbled a hand-off and Foley Fatukasi blew up a run before Cager caught a pass from Wilson;
- Wilson's day ended with a dump-off to Ryan Griffin for a touchdown. In all, he completed 14 of 20 passes; and
- Carl Lawson continued to flash throughout but Mekhi Becton seemed to cope with him better than yesterday.
Tomorrow is a day off but there is another practice on Monday at 10:20 a.m. ET with pads on and fans in attendance. Check back here for more of the same.