The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Thursday with pads on and media on hand.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Alijah Vera-Tucker once again didn't practice as he worked over on a side field. Robert Saleh said after practice that he hopes to have Vera-Tucker available for the Packers game;
- Braxton Berrios, who missed practice yesterday, was a new addition to the rehab area. Saleh said he has a groin issue;
- Elijah Moore walked off the field with a trainer before team periods got underway and then went to the locker room. Saleh said he's being evaluated for a quad issue and will get an MRI;
- Carl Lawson blew up a run on the first play but then Ty Johnson had a good run;
- Zach Wilson found Tyler Kroft alone in the flat for a 25-yard gain;
- Zane Lewis was called for pass interference as Wilson looked to hit Jeff Smith downfield;
- Rookies Jonathan Marshall and Mike Dwumfour each made a play at the end of the first series as Marshall had a sack and Dwumfour blew up a run;
- Wilson went 4-for-5 on his first passing set with first downs to Corey Davis and Ty Johnson. CJ Mosley, who was beaten on the Johnson catch, stopped one of the other two completions in the flat and a Lawson pressure led to the incompletion;
- Lawson spent more time lining up on the other side today, giving Mekhi Becton a bit of a break from him;
- Wilson's next set saw him connect on 4-of-5 with a Kroft drop. His completions included first downs to Jamison Crowder and Chris Herndon and a long bomb to Davis, who beat Blessuan Austin and Lamarcus Joyner;
- On his next series, Wilson hit Jeff Smith underneath and he turned it upfield and took it the distance for a 60-yard touchdown;
- Wilson's first attempt to drive the field saw him complete a first down to Davis but his next three passes were defensed by Bryce Hall, Nathan Shepherd and Deuce Carter;
- His next drive went a bit better with first down completions to Ryan Griffin and Lawrence Cager after a Johnson first down run;
- The Jets got down to the two-yard line where Mosley stuffed a run in the hole with a big hit but then Wilson hit Davis for a touchdown to complete the nine-play drive. Davis beat Lamar Jackson on a whip route;
- Brandin Echols left the field with a trainer but returned shortly afterwards;
- Jason Pinnock intercepted James Morgan;
- On a Wilson two-minute drill, the defense started well with a Hall break-up and a Lawson sack (going against Becton again);
- Wilson recovered to hit Crowder, Herndon and Davis to move into scoring range but then was almost intercepted in the end zone by Deuce Carter as the drive stalled at the two-yard line; and
- Both kickers made 3-of-4 in the kicking gauntlet with Matt Ammendola missing from 55 and Chris Naggar from 48.
Saleh said after practice that Quinnen Williams will practice in the joint practices with the Packers next week. He also confirmed that Wilson will play for about a quarter or a few series on Saturday and that Chuma Edoga had a knee scope and should be back before the end of camp.
There is a day off tomorrow before Saturday's preseason opener against the Giants.