The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Thursday with pads on and media on hand.
Before practice, the Jets announced the following roster move:
We have waived K Chris Naggar.— New York Jets (@nyjets) August 16, 2021
Four more roster moves are required by tomorrow.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Quinnen Williams made his return to action as he was activated from the PUP list but didn't do team drills. Williams will get some reps in the joint practices this week but will not play in the game, according to Robert Saleh after practice;
- Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, Alijah Vera-Tucker and Ronald Blair were in the rehab area;
- Tevin Coleman was back at practice - his absence from Saturday's game having been due to a personal matter;
- The Jets were not in pads;
- Sheldon Rankins blew up a run in the first team period;
- Mike White connected with Denzel Mims on a slant route;
- Zach Wilson hit on a 20-yard crosser to Ryan Griffin, who was limping after the play and left the field with a trainer. He will be evaluated for a hamstring injury;
- Mekhi Becton went down and was limping but stayed in;
- Zane Lewis intercepted James Morgan for his third theft of the summer;
- In a passing period, Wilson hit Corey Davis for a first down but then overthrew Mims and was intercepted by Sharrod Neasman who also got some first team reps;
- Wilson missed a few passes in his next set and, while he hit on a long catch-and-run to Jamison Crowder, that wouldn't have counted because Carl Lawson beat Becton for a sack;
- Wilson hit Crowder twice in a row shortly after this;
- Lawson had another sack, this time beating Feeney on an inside rush;
- In 7-on-7 red zone work, Wilson hit Chris Herndon for a touchdown in between Marcus Maye and Lamarcus Joyner;
- He also hit Ace Carter who beat Jarrad Davis on a wheel route for a touchdown;
- His other two passes in this session were also complete for short gains to Herndon and Crowder;
- In the next set, Bryce Hall intercepted a bad Wilson pass that was intended for Crowder;
- Tyler Kroft had a red zone drop but Wilson hit Davis for a touchdown on his last attempt; and
- Josh Johnson connected with Manasseh Bailey for a touchdown to bring an end to practice.
There is another practice tomorrow at the same time, so check back here then for more.