The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Monday with media and fans on hand.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Injured defensive tackle Quinnen Williams, who should be back next week, was running over on the side and did position drills for the first time;
- Cameron Clark, who was playing right guard with the second unit, and Tanzel Smart traded punches during the team session;
- Zach Wilson made a slow start as he had to check down a couple of times, including on one pass that was slapped away from La'Mical Perine;
- Elijah Moore caught a pass from James Morgan on a curl route;
- On Wilson's second series he picked up big yardage on a screen to Jamison Crowder with the offensive line getting downfield well;
- He rounded out an efficient set with completions to Ace Carter, Ryan Griffin and Denzel Mims;
- Mike White hit Chris Herndon but then underthrew Mims on an incompletion;
- In red zone 11-on-11's CJ Mosley almost intercepted Wilson on an attempt to Moore;
- The defense stopped the next few plays with a Carl Lawson run stop and a John Franklin-Myers pressure but then Tevin Coleman rushed for a touchdown;
- White found Moore for a touchdown as he beat Corey Ballentine on a whip route;
- Bryce Hall broke up a pass intended for Cole and then was in close coverage on a diving catch by Moore as Wilson threaded the needle for the completion;
- Wilson made a poor decision in 7-on-7 redzone and was intercepted by a leaping Blessuan Austin. He bounced back to find Herndon for a touchdown though;
- Wilson continued to have mixed results in the rest of the red zone session;
- The backups each had touchdown passes to the tight ends with White hitting Daniel Brown and Morgan hitting Herndon and Kenny Yeboah; and
- On defense, Hamsah Nasirildeen and Justin Hardee each broke up a pass, Jamien Sherwood had a pressure.
There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET. Check back here for more of the same.