The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Tuesday with media on hand.
Today's practice was marred by what appeared to be a serious injury to backup offensive lineman Cameron Clark, who was placed on a spinal board and taken away in an ambulance.
Here's what else went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- George Fant, who had been on Covid-19 reserve, was activated for practice for the first time;
- The players were in pads for the first time and this meant we saw 1-on-1 drills for the first time too;
- Some highlights from WR/CB 1-on-1's were a good battle between Bryce Hall and Corey Davis with Davis generally getting the better of the youngster, Elijah Moore burning Blessuan Austin deep and Deuce Carter intercepting Mike White;
- Jabari Zuniga and Foley Fatukasi did well in the linemen 1-on-1 drills;
- Ace Carter and Tevin Coleman had good runs to open the team period;
- Carl Lawson got by Mekhi Becton for another sack on the first pass of the period;
- Zach Wilson connected with Vyncint Smith for a long gain but the pass was underthrown;
- Bryce Huff beat Kenny Yeboah to blow up a run in the backfield;
- DJ Montgomery caught a James Morgan pass for a long touchdown on a busted coverage;
- Wilson connected with Braxton Berrios and Jamison Crowder in 11-on-11's;
- A diving Javelin Guidry broke up a White pass;
- Chuma Edoga limped to the locker room after being looked at by a trainer;
- Chris Naggar was perfect in the kicking gauntlet but Matt Ammendola went 3-for-4 as he missed from 57 yards;
- Lawson had another sack in the next team period;
- Crowder picked up big yardage after getting away from Deuce Carter following a short pass;
- The defense seemed to be doing a good job of getting pressure on Wilson and preventing anyone from getting open;
- Huff beat Morgan Moses for a sack;
- Smith beat Austin deep but Austin recovered to break it up when Wilson underthrew it;
- Zuniga also limped off the field with a trainer late on; and
- Practice ended early after the Clark injury.
There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET with fans in attendance. Check back here for more coverage.