The Jets held their first training camp practice of 2022 today and the media were on hand, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- George Fant was activated from the PUP list before practice began;
- Jeremy Ruckert was working over in the rehab area;
- Mekhi Becton opened up the first walkthrough period at right tackle with Fant on the left. Chuma Edoga replaced Fant on the left for the first team periods;
- Zach Wilson's first series saw Ace Carter with a decent run and check down to Tyler Conklin;
- Joe Flacco connected with Denzel Mims, who made a leaping catch in zone coverage on his first series. Mims then followed this up with a catch on a skinny post from Mike White;
- Wilson hit Garrett Wilson on an out pattern for his first first down completion of the day, Wilson also hit CJ Uzomah down the seam on this series, but Conklin had a drop;
- In the next team period, John Franklin-Myers beat Edoga for a sack coming off the edge;
- Wilson was 3-for-4 on the series, although one of those completions was on the run to Tarik Black after the would-be sack;
- Mims showed up again with a leaping catch downfield from White, ripping the ball away from Isaiah Dunn;
- The first team offense had been getting the better of the defense for much of the day, but struggled in their first red zone set. Jacob Martin had a sack and DJ Reed intercepted a low Wilson throw intended for Calvin Jackson;
- Practice concluded on a White touchdown pass to Irvin Charles; and
- Both kickers - Eddy Pineiro and Greg Zuerlein - went 4-for-4 with the longest kick from 39 yards.
The Jets are scheduled to practice again tomorrow.