The Jets held their second training camp practice of 2022 today and the media were on hand, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- George Fant and Braxton Berrios were both working over on the side with Chuma Edoga operating as the first team left tackle;
- On the first offensive series of the team period, LaMarcus Joyner blew up a play behind the line and then Bryce Hall intercepted Zach Wilson;
- Mike White completed a downfield pass to Irvin Charles and then Rashard Davis took a short pass for a long touchdown;
- Quincy Williams picked up a sack as the pocket collapsed and then Quinnen Williams stunted for another sack on the next play;
- Wilson completed one pass to Corey Davis on that series;
- Sauce Gardner had an impressive pass break-up on a Joe Flacco pass to Denzel Mims as the Jets were solid in coverage all day as a group;
- Breece Hall and Bam Knight both impressed in the running game;
- Micheal Clemons beat Grant Hermanns for a sack of Flacco;
- In the red zone period, Quinnen Williams beat Laken Tomlinson for his second sack;
- Wilson threw consecutive touchdown passes to a wide-open Garrett Wilson and a diving Corey Davis in the red zone period. Davis beat tight coverage from Gardner;
- In third down work, Wilson completed first down passes to Ace Carter, Corey Davis and Elijah Moore;
- Flacco had perhaps the throw of the day on an impressive deep ball to Moore;
- In the final red zone period, Wilson had a pass intercepted by Jordan Whitehead, but bounced back with touchdown passes to Garrett Wilson, who shook Gardner and made a reaching grab and Corey Davis who made a sliding catch. The interception was a possible miscommunication on a pass intended for Tyler Conklin; and
- Eddy Pineiro and Greg Zuerlein each made three of their four kicks.
The Jets are scheduled to practice again tomorrow morning.