The Jets held another camp practice today with media on hand, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- Chuma Edoga was working as the first team right tackle;
- Vinny Curry, DJ Reed, Ty Johnson and Brandin Echols did not practice;
- Denzel Mims caught a quick pass from Zach Wilson which is notable because nearly all his camp production has been from Joe Flacco and Mike White;
- Flacco threw a pick to either Will Parks or Luq Barcoo depending on whose report you believe;
- With Fant also rotating out, the offensive line struggled badly with sacks for Solomon Thomas, who beat Alijah Vera-Tucker, two for Jacob Martin working against Mitchell and one each for Sheldon Rankins and Quinnen Williams;
- The first team offense went three and out on a two minute drill with a short pass to Tyler Conklin setting up a third down which Williams wrecked with pressure;
- There were nice connections from Mike White to Garrett Wilson and Flacco to Calvin Jackson but no touchdowns in the two minute period;
- Lawrence Cager reportedly looked good in special teams drills;
- Edoga false started in the next team session;
- A fight broke out at the start of the move the ball period with Tanzel Smart involved;
- The first unit failed to score as Wilson couldn't hit Braxton Berrios deep but they did convert a couple of first downs including one to Corey Davis;
- Mims was then involved in another skirmish after a catch;
- A third fight broke out after Jeremy Ruckert's first catch of camp from White; and
- Practice ended with Wilson sacked twice in a goal line period, with one by Martin.
The Jets are scheduled to practice again tomorrow, although it's possible that will just be a walkthrough with preseason underway on Friday.