Media was on hand for today's practice at training camp, although it was just a walkthrough. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Vyncint Smith had surgery yesterday and will be out for 5-8 weeks;
- Pierre Desir, Brian Poole, Bronson Kaufusi, Cameron Clark, James Burgess, Jabari Zuniga and Denzel Mims remain sidelined;
- Braxton Berrios missed practice due to personal reasons, so the Jets had just seven wide receivers available;
- With Berrios unavailable, Marcus Maye and Ashtyn Davis were among the players fielding punts;
- Chris Hogan is taking his physical and will sign his contract later today;
- Rookie CB Bryce Hall, who is currently on Covid-19 reserve, is unlikely to be cleared for practice when he's reinstated because he's still recovering from his ankle surgery last year;
- After practice, head coach Adam Gase said the Jets expect an abundance of players back next week;
- Gase talked up young receiver Jeff Smith, who has been getting some first-team reps;
- The Jets are planning to have a scrimmage at Metlife Stadium, but have put this back due to their injuries; and
- The Jets will run two padded practices on Wednesday and Thursday before taking Friday off.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.