Media was on hand for today's practice at training camp, where the Jets conducted a scrimmage with officials on the field for the first time. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Breshad Perriman and Denzel Mims did not practice again. Mims and Pierre Desir were running before practice though, so seem close to a return;
- Cameron Clark, making his return following a recent shoulder issue, saw some first team action when Greg Van Roten got hurt. Jonotthan Harrison also saw time in Van Roten's spot;
- Ashtyn Davis was the first player to get a chance to return a kickoff and also made a tackle in kick coverage;
- The first team offense went three and out against the second team defense as Jeff Smith and Sam Darnold weren't on the same page on third down;
- Mike White got reps as the number two quarterback and picked up a couple of first downs against the starting defense including one on a pass to Braxton Berrios. Braden Mann pinned them deep when the drive stalled;
- Frank Gore had a 15-yard run but then, after a holding penalty, Chris Hogan caught a pass and lost a fumble at his own 10-yard line;
- David Fales took over and was almost picked by Jordan Jenkins at the goal line, so the twos settled for a 27-yard Brett Maher field goal;
- Darnold's next drive saw him connect with Hogan and Chris Herndon for first downs but then he missed an open Herndon in the end zone and threw a pick to Davis;
- James Morgan led the backups to a score against the starters, setting up a short Berrios touchdown with a 22-yard pass to Jehu Chesson;
- Gore had a 14-yard run on the next drive with the ones, but Darnold's long completion to Jamison Crowder on fourth down was negated by a hold;
- La'Mical Perine broke a 79-yard touchdown run against the first-string defense. Perine juked Bradley McDougald in the hole;
- Sam Ficken kicked a 40-yard field goal for the reserves after Fales led a drive highlighted by a first down connection to Berrios;
- Perine got some first team reps and broke a 36-yard run on his first carry but the drive and practice ended with a Crowder fumble; and
- Adam Gase once again called the team together at midfield at the end of practice.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.