Media was on hand for today's practice at training camp. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- This was a padded practice, conducted in the rain;
- No notable injured players returned to practice;
- Chris Hogan practiced and got some reps with the second unit as the Jets announced he had signed as practice started. RB Kenneth Dixon was released in the corresponding move;
- Jordan Jenkins tossed Mekhi Becton to the ground in a one-on-one drill;
- Arthur Maulet had a nice pass break-up in 7-on-7 drills but was then benched for Quincy Wilson after Breshad Perriman torched him for a long touchdown pass on a slant pattern from Sam Darnold;
- Wilson showed up later, intercepting James Morgan on an out pattern;
- Lamichal Perine had a nice gain on an outside run and caught a Morgan pass, beating Ashtyn Davis on a wheel route;
- Backup tackle Conor McDermott (not to be confused with starting center Connor McGovern, who remains healthy) suffered a leg/ankle injury during the team period and limped off in obvious pain;
- Tight end Ross Travis fumbled after catching a pass over the middle from Mike White with the third unit. Javelin Guidry was in coverage;
- David Fales found Josh Malone in traffic in the corner of the end zone during team drills;
- Chris Herndon caught a back-shoulder pass from Darnold down the seam and then Trevon Wesco followed that up with a diving catch over the middle;
- Patrick Onwuasor intercepted a tipped pass by Fales;
- Frank Gore scored on a short touchdown run in red zone drills;
- Kyle Phillips made an impressive play in coverage to break-up White's pass to Perine on another wheel route;
- Jeff Smith caught a touchdown pass from Darnold on an out-breaking route against Blessuan Austin in red zone drills;
- Harvey Langi got into a scuffle after knocking down Fales;
- Red zone drills and practice concluded with touchdowns from Morgan to Travis and White to Jehu Chesson; and
- The Jets are scheduled to be back in pads tomorrow before taking Friday off.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.