Media was on hand for today's padded practice at training camp. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- The Jets were in full pads for the first time;
- Denzel Mims, Pierre Desir, Cameron Clark, Jabari Zuniga and Brian Poole all missed practice again;
- Braden Mann was said to be shaky during punting drills although he did boom one 60-70 yarder and his directional kicking was impressive;
- Quinnen Williams made an early impact by stuffing a run for a loss and registering a pressure in the early stages of team drills. He also looked good in individual drills;
- Nate Hairston had a good pass break-up against Breshad Perriman;
- The first team defense dominated the offense in the team period as the offensive line couldn't get any traction in the running game;
- Le'Veon Bell scored on a five-yard run in red zone drills;
- The newest Jet, Chris Hogan, caught a Mike White touchdown pass in red zone drills;
- Quincy Wilson made a diving break-up of a James Morgan pass. The rookie apparently seems to be off to a slow start;
- Sam Darnold took off on a 30-yard scramble, although the defense was claiming they would've had him in the pocket;
- Brett Maher missed a long field goal to give the defense the win on a two-minute drill;
- Marcus Maye blitzed for a sack and then Bradley McDougald had a big hit on Jamison Crowder on back-to-back plays;
- Maye, Wilson and Hairston were said to have been standouts as the defense dominated;
- Henry Anderson beat Greg Van Roten cleanly to get to Darnold on a play-action pass;
- Chris Herndon got a lot of targets in the passing game; and
- The Jets are off tomorrow but will practice again on Saturday.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.