Media was on hand for today's practice at training camp. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Lawrence Cager, Denzel Mims and Breshad Perriman did not practice, although Mims was doing conditioning work on the side;
- Brian Poole was also doing conditioning work for the first time since being sidelined due to dehydration early on in camp. Pierre Desir and Matthias Farley joined him. Poole later also did some special teams drills;
- After suffering an oblique injury in the last practice, Greg Van Roten was back on the field with the first unit for drills but Josh Andrews and Jonotthan Harrison replaced him in the team period;
- Jeff Smith exited practice after injuring his shoulder during 7-on-7 drills;
- Josh Malone got first-team reps in place of Smith and John Franklin-Myers, returning from a groin injury, got some first-team reps on defense;
- James Burgess also returned to practice following a recent back injury, but Avery Williamson and Neville Hewitt got the first-team reps;
- Chris Hogan dropped a Sam Darnold throw over the middle;
- Undrafted rookie George Campbell flashed for the first time, catching a 43-yard touchdown on a deep throw from David Fales and a touchdown in 7-on-7's, then later ripped a contested catch away from Quincy Wilson;
- Javelin Guidry broke up a Fales pass in the end zone;
- Brett Maher missed an easy field goal;
- Le'Veon Bell dropped an easy touchdown but Darnold bounced back to find Chris Herndon for a touchdown on the next play;
- Bless Austin broke up a Darnold pass intended for Malone;
- Quinnen Williams collapsed the pocket for a would-be sack;
- Fales led a field goal drive with completions to Campbell, Jehu Chesson and Ross Travis;
- Marcus Maye had a sack coming off the edge and broke up a pass intended for Herndon in team drills;
- Darnold was knocked down and got up with a slight limp but stayed in and seemed unaffected;
- Frank Gore had a good first down run; and
- The team will hold the Green/White practice, which usually takes the form of an extended scrimmage, at Metlife Stadium tomorrow afternoon.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.