While most of the coverage will undoubtedly be centered around what a waste of time this press conference was because Mike Maccagnan for some reason decided not to inexplicably reveal all his plans in advance of this weeks draft, there were some noteworthy comments.
Of course, even what he did tell us might just be a smokescreen...
- The Jets are "fielding calls" about the number six, but supposedly this is no different to what usually happens. Maccagnan insisted they will simply select whoever they feel is the best player at six.
- Trading up sounds unlikely because he spoke about "not wanting to mortgage the future" and more picks meaning you have more opportunities.
- As you'd expect, he downplayed the fact that they looked at quarterback prospects in terms of what that means for Christian Hackenberg's status.
- Bryce Petty's recovery from an injury to his non-throwing shoulder seems to be going well. He is able to throw.
- Joe Mixon may or may not be on the team's draft board. Maccagnan wouldn't say but suggested they put a lot of thought into such matters.
- The Jets will decide whether to exercise Calvin Pryor's 5th year option after the draft. May 3rd is the deadline.
- Finally, Maccagnan refused to comment on Sheldon Richardson trade speculation.
Stay tuned for plenty of draft coverage over the rest of today, starting with a running backs breakdown at 2pm ET. Make sure you are following @JetsFix on twitter to receive automatic updates.