The Jets just wrapped up day eight of their organized team activities. Here were some of the main things discussed after today's practice:
- After a long delay, Bowles finally came to the podium and confirmed the David Harris release.
- He said they had been negotiating a reduction in salary for Harris, but that talks had broken down.
- He said it was an "organizational decision" and that players like Demario Davis, Bruce Carter and Julian Stanford will compete for time at Harris' MIKE position.
- He said he was not aware of there having been any similar contract negotiations with Eric Decker.
- Finally, Bowles downplayed reports of a recent incident involving Darron Lee, suggesting it was an argument with his girlfriend and that he'd spoken to 10 different people and didn't believe he had manhandled her as social media posts suggested.
Also, ILB coach Mike Caldwell praised Lee along with Dylan Donahue, Christian Hackenberg said he was confident he can play at the NFL level and Demario Davis said that it was good to be back and that he'd spent time working on his deficiencies.