The Jets opened up their on-field program yesterday and were back on the field today for their second practice. This time, the media were on hand, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- Among those not in attendance were Sheldon Rankins, Mekhi Becton and George Fant but Carl Lawson was there;
- Brandin Echols, Jamien Sherwood, Dru Samia, Jeremy Ruckert were in the rehab area;
- There was less on-field action than usual and no full team drills but Zach Wilson had a solid day in 7 on 7 drills, hitting on good gains to DJ Montgomery, Corey Davis and Ace Carter;
- Wilson hit Jeff Smith, Tyler Conklin and Calvin Jackson for touchdowns in red zone drills;
- Breece Hall looked impressive after one catch;
- Sauce Gardner and DJ Reed each had impressive breakups; and
- Jason Pinnock got some first team reps at safety.
The Jets are scheduled to have a day off tomorrow before resuming practice on Thursday.