The Jets were back on the field for their third practice (and first public practice) of training camp this morning. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance:
- Quinnen Williams practiced for the first time, working primarily with the second unit;
- Frankie Luvu got some first-team reps;
- Sam Darnold threw his first interception of camp as Trumaine Johnson picked him off. Johnson also added a fumble recovery;
- Doug Middleton also had an interception of Trevor Siemian;
- Trenton Cannon impressed with a touchdown catch from Davis Webb and a long run;
- Jamison Crowder got some work with the punt returners;
- This was the first padded practice and Trevon Wesco, who also got some first-team reps, made the most of the opportunity to get physical with a huge block on Jeremy Clark;
- Ty Montgomery and Leonard Williams also apparently had good days; and
- Chandler Catanzaro missed three consecutive field goals.
We'll update you later if there are any announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice.