The Jets were back on the field for their fifth practice of training camp this morning. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance:
- Jamison Crowder limped to the locker room after suffering an apparent foot injury shortly after he had caught a long touchdown pass from Sam Darnold;
- There were signs of life from rookie Jachai Polite, who gave Eric Smith a tough time in drills and beat him for a sack in the team period;
- It was a good day for the rookies as Blake Cashman got more first team reps and did a good job of covering Chris Herndon while Quinnen Williams impressed in drills;
- Tight ends Ryan Griffin and Daniel Brown missed practice;
- Le'Veon Bell was back and had a good day with a series of nice runs;
- Deontay Burnett had another nice touchdown catch from Trevor Siemian;
- Henry Anderson had a couple of sacks in the team period;
- Jamey Mosley had a sack and Derrick Jones had a pick and broke up a pass in the team period;
- Montrel Meander had a pick-six after Davis Webb's pass was tipped by Parry Nickerson; and
- Chandler Catanzaro missed another field goal.
We'll update you later if there are any announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice. The team is off tomorrow.