The Jets were back on the field for a public practice/scrimmage this morning. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
This was a particularly eventful return to action, so there are also a few newsbites today.
- Kicker Chandler Catanzaro retired and the Jets signed a faniliar face in Taylor Bertolet to replace him;
- Ryan Kalil and Marcus Maye were in uniform for the first time as Maye has been activated from the PUP list;
- Brian Winters' shoulder injury is reportedly not serious but the team will be cautious with him to make sure he's ready for week one. Tom Compton worked with the starters in his absence;
- Cornerback Arthur Maulet returned to practice and along with Tevaughn Campbell was promoted to the second unit in the wake of Derrick Jones' release. That's potentially a demotion for Parry Nickerson;
- Trumaine Johnson intercepted Sam Darnold, who otherwise had a good practice, but then left with an injury. Kyron Brown moved up to the first unit to replace him;
- Quincy Enunwa and Josh Bellamy had touchdowns in the first team period;
- Jamey Mosley and Henry Anderson had sacks; and
- Bertolet missed two field goals.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice. The team is off tomorrow.