The Jets were back on the field for a practice this evening at Metlife Stadium. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
- Trumaine Johnson, Kelechi Osemele, Kyron Brown, Brian Winters, Blake Cashman, Arthur Maulet, Justin Alexandre, Brandon Shell, Jamey Mosley, Jeff Smith, Harvey Langi and Bless Austin did not practice;
- Shell was in pads, though, hopefully indicating that he's close to a return;
- Tevaughn Campbell and Neville Hewitt received starting reps for the injured Johnson and Avery Williamson;
- Ryan Kalil took part in the team session for the first time, with Jonotthan Harrison sharing reps with Tom Compton at right guard. Alex Lewis and Chuma Edoga remain in for Osemele and Shell;
- Sam Darnold got off to a strong start, throwing a touchdown and a downfield completion to Jamison Crowder;
- New signing Marcus Cooper worked with the second unit at cornerback and new linebacker Albert McClellan also practiced for the first time;
- Safety Marcus Maye practiced without a no-contact jersey for the first time;
- Luke Falk got reps ahead of Davis Webb at quarterback;
- Le'Veon Bell had a touchdown run, running behind a Kalil block;
- Kalil fired a snap over Darnold's head;
- Quincy Enunwa beat Campbell for two downfield catches but then Campbell broke up a pass intended for Enunwa in the end zone;
- Deontay Burnett made a one-handed touchdown catch, which Tim White followed up with a touchdown of his own;
- Practice ended with an overtime period, during which Darnold's 38-yard pass to Crowder set up a field goal for the first team offense and then Trevor Siemian threw a pick-six to Anthony Wint off a Frankie Luvu deflection; and
- Taylor Bertolet missed another extra point but made the rest of his kicks.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice. The team is off tomorrow.