The Jets were back on the field for a practice this morning, albeit later than originally scheduled. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance.
Camp actually unofficially broke last Tuesday as all players were sent home and instructed to make their own way to this week's final three camp practices and to meet up to travel for the Atlanta game.
- Adam Gase spoke to the media before practice;
- He confirmed Trumaine Johnson and Brian Winters will not practice this week, although Blake Cashman and Kelechi Osemele are both expected to return and play on Saturday;
- The starters have been told to prepare to play into the third quarter on Saturday night, but may leave the game in the second if all goes well;
- Gase also talked up running back Trenton Cannon, who had a long reception in the team period;
- Ryan Kalil practiced with the first team again but had one bad snap;
- Art Maulet and Harvey Langi returned to practice;
- Neville Hewitt and Tevaughn Campbell continue to work with the first-team defense;
- This was a "cards practice" which basically means the team was doing game prep against the scout team;
- Jachai Polite beat Kelvin Beachum for a sack;
- Le'Veon Bell had a dropped pass and fumbled a handoff, but otherwise had a good practice;
- Sam Darnold also had a good practice;
- Jamal Adams and Brian Poole intercepted Trevor Siemian; and
- Taylor Bertolet made five of six field goals, missing from 43 yards.
We'll update you later if there are any other announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice. The team is off tomorrow.