The Jets were back on the field for a public practice/scrimmage this morning. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance:
- After suffering injuries yesterday, Ty Montgomery and Trumaine Johnson were back on the field, but Kelvin Beachum and Bilal Powell sat out;
- Johnson intercepted Sam Darnold in 7-on-7 drills;
- Nathan Shepherd stuffed a run and beat Kelechi Osemele for a sack;
- Bronson Kaufusi and Jachai Polite (twice) also had sacks, albeit not against the first unit;
- CJ Mosley and Blake Cashman made some good plays in coverage;
- Darnold led a 7-on-7 drive against the second team defense by completing seven passes in a row including a touchdown to Chris Herndon;
- Darnold followed up with another touchdown drive that ended in a touchdown pass to Ty Montgomery;
- Trevor Siemian was intercepted by Brian Poole;
- Davis Webb hit Tim White (twice) and Greg Dortch on downfield throws;
- Foley Fatukasi impressed with a couple of runs stuffs;
- UDFA Wyatt Miller got some second-team reps at right tackle; and
- Chandler Catanzaro missed an extra point and a 45-yard field goal.
We'll update you later if there are any announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice. The team is off tomorrow.