Media was on hand today to watch the Jets' final mandatory minicamp practice. Here's some of the key events:
- The Jets ran a truncated practice before breaking for the summer;
- Josh McCown threw a touchdown pass to Robby Anderson, who beat Trumaine Johnson. After practice, Todd Bowles reaffirmed that McCown is the current number one quarterback;
- Sam Darnold had a pass intercepted by Neville Hewitt after it went through Jordan Leggett's hands. Bowles also confirmed that Darnold is still the number three behind Teddy Bridgewater;
- ArDarius Stewart and Chris Herndon also dropped passes;
- Jamal Adams and Stump Mitchell continued to talk plenty of good-natured trash; and
- After practice, receivers coach Karl Dorrell praised the depth of the receiver group and running back coach Stump Mitchell compared Elijah McGuire to LaDainian Tomlinson.
The countdown to camp truly ramps into gear now, but stick around for the next six weeks and we'll be scouting the rest of this year's UDFA class with plenty more analysis and build-up to come.