With the players reporting today ahead of two practices without pads over the weekend, let's check in on what some of them have been saying via mutliple social media sources:
- Apparently, they had 100% attendance and everyone passed the conditioning test.
- Offensive tackle Ben Ijalana confirmed that he'll start off competing with Kelvin Beachum at left tackle, suggesting Brandon Shell has the inside track on the starting right tackle role. Ijalana will initially be "a little limited" following an offseason knee scope.
- Several Jets, including running back Matt Forté, nose tackle Steve McLendon and linebacker Demario Davis were dismissive about the negativity surrounding the organization.
- Davis said the Jets have more veterans than the Browns and noted that he played the mike role last year, which should help him this season.
- McLendon said he's lost five pounds and is now 325.
- Forté praised quarterback Josh McCown's character and said he is hoping to see daily improvements from Christian Hackenberg.
- McCown said the offense laid a solid foundation at OTA's.
- Right guard Brian Winters said he should be a full-go over the weekend, following offseason shoulder surgery which left him limited at mini-camp.