Here were some of the more interesting comments from Todd Bowles following Friday's practice:
- Jamal Adams is day-to-day with his ankle sprain. Bowles is not worried about Adams falling behind through missing time.
- In terms of injuries, Bilal Powell just had the wind knocked out of him, he didn't even realize Buster Skrine had gone down and Morris Claiborne is not injured as he was taken out to get a look at some different guys.
- Bowles said he didn't bring the team together during practice, they did that of their own volition.
- Bowles did say it was his idea to get the third unit to run a lap, saying he felt they probably needed to "get in better shape". He said the same thing about the whole team running gassers yesterday.
- He was actually quite positive about the practice, saying they made progress and worked hard. There was good competition and they've only just started doing some things on offense.
- He said he intends to look into doing joint practices with another team next season.
- He confirmed Brandin Bryant's injury was a sore shoulder or torn pec. With Bryant and Pelon down, Bowles said Devon Still is a veteran who can come in to compete and Faulk is a big guy they've had in before and wanted another look at.
- Ross Martin is a good kicker but they want to see how well he can do with the lights on.
- He disputed the fact that there are question marks on the offensive line, saying they have good starters and can go two-deep at every position.
- Tomorrow's practice will consist of more team activities and the plays will be unscripted, with live rotations and moving the ball up and down the field.
We'll let you know if anyone else says anything interesting.