Here were some of the main happenings as the Jets continued their 2017 training camp with a practice on Friday:
- Matt Forté and Jamal Adams both missed practice and Morris Claiborne was rested. Connor Harris, Claude Pelon and Marcus Murphy were also in the rehab zone, along with one new name: David Rivers, who only arrived a few days ago.
- The team worked on goal line fades and back shoulder throws in one on ones, once again with the offense struggling. Christian Hackenberg did not fare well in this drill with receivers struggling to get separation.
- Josh McCown hit Robby Anderson on a long touchdown pass in 7-on-7 drills due to a blown coverage. However, Anderson later dropped another would-be long touchdown pass and then got into a scrap with Juston Burris.
- Bilal Powell was shaken up early on in a full contact team period. Eli McGuire took over as the lead back but was soon running a lap for a penalty, although he had a nice catch later on.
- Brian Winters, ArDarius Stewart and Jordan Leggett all also had to run laps as the team got off to a rocky start again on offense.
- Darron Lee and Dylan Donahue racked up sacks early on in team periods.
- Quincy Enunwa made some good plays, including a nice diving catch, again from McCown. Hackenberg, on the other hand, fumbled despite not being touched.
- Frank Beltre, who had received second unit ILB snaps at mini-camp, saw first team reps at OLB.
- Buster Skrine came off the field with an injury during team sessions but returned later on.
- Todd Bowles stopped practice to lecture the whole team at one point following a series of mistakes on both sides of the ball, that led to an increase in intensity, highlighted by a Marcus Maye hit.
- In red zone drills, Rontez Miles had a pick six on a screen pass and then Maye dropped another potential pick on the next throw, both from McCown. However, McCown connected with Enunwa for a touchdown on his next throw, the first for the Jets offense in two days of red zone drills. However, Enunwa then dropped another easy touchdown as the Jets completed just one pass on their first 12 plays.
- Not for the first time at camp, Hackenberg had issues getting the team lined up, but scored one touchdown on a scramble in red zone drills.
- The entire third team offense had to run a lap because they failed to huddle up correctly.
- McCown had another touchdown to Deshon Foxx in team drills.
- On the final play of practice, McCown overthrew a wide open Chad Hansen ... with no defense.
Stick around because in due course we'll let you know if anyone said anything important after practice.