The Jets were back on the field for practice on Thursday. Here's what happened:
- This was an unpadded practice with much of it conducted at half-speed.
- Matt Forté, Lucky Whitehead, Bilal Powell, Gabe Marks and Lorenzo Mauldin all returned to practice and did some individual work.
- Whitehead was the only return man not to muff or misplay at least one punt or kick.
- It obviously wasn't very windy because Christian Hackenberg wasn't wearing a glove. However, he was somewhat inaccurate in individual drills.
- Jets receivers dropped several passes. Myles White had three drops in individual drills alone. Marquess Wilson dropped a couple in team periods.
- Freddie Bishop, Buster Skrine, Brent Qvale and Josh McCown once again opened on the first unit.
- Hackenberg got his foot caught up in the turf on a slide, but fortunately was not hurt.
- Rontez Miles intercepted Bryce Petty on Petty's first pass of the team periods.
- Rookie Jordan Leggett and Connor Harris made a few plays in team periods, including a sack for Harris.
- Defense once again dominated the team periods.
- The defense played some 4-3 with Sheldon Richardson at defensive end.
- Skrine got called for pass interference on a deep throw.
- Hackenberg ran a two-minute drill with the starters against the first team defense to conclude practice but it was more of a walk-through.
We'll let you know if anyone says anything interesting after practice is over.