The Jets were on the field for the another practice on Thursday with the media on hand.
Before practice, Robert Saleh spoke to the media and confirmed that Ashtyn Davis is still rehabbing his foot injury from last season but should be back in time for training camp. He also said they expect full attendance at next week's mandatory minicamp.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- The following players were not in attendance: Marcus Maye, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, Ashtyn Davis, Keelan Cole;
- In attendance but not practicing today were Corey Davis and Mekhi Becton;
- Carl Lawson practiced again but hasn't taken any team reps yet;
- Chris Herndon returned after missing Tuesday's practice;
- Braxton Berrios continued to emerge as a favorite target of Zach Wilson with several catches over the course of the day including two in the opening 11-on-11 drills;
- Wilson also completed passes to Herndon, Elijah Moore and Vyncint Smith in that session;
- Youngster Manasseh Bailey flashed with a nice gain on a Mike White throw and a touchdown from James Morgan;
- Herndon's bad drop led to a JT Hassell interception on a Wilson pass but he responded with a third down conversion shortly afterwards;
- Moore beat Isaiah Dunn for a downfield catch from Wilson;
- Wilson had an efficient 7-on-7 period, completing five short passes in a row, including two to Tyler Kroft;
- In the third 11-on-11 period, Ty Johnson had a good run and Berrios beat Javelin Guidry for a catch, but Dunn broke up a pass;
- It sounds like Wilson had a good day but he was noted to have perhaps held onto the ball for too long a few times;
- In 7-on-7 redzone drills, Wilson hit Moore and Berrios for touchdowns but Deuce Carter stopped Kenny Yeboah short of the goal line;
- Vyncint Smith had another drop; and
- Jets kickers missed four of seven attempts in the kicking gauntlet.
Tomorrow is the last OTA practice (with no media access) and then the mandatory minicamp is from Tuesday through Thursday.