The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Tuesday with pads on and media on hand.
Here's what went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Alijah Vera-Tucker, Ashtyn Davis, Quinnen Williams, Vinny Curry, Ronald Blair, Kyle Phillips, Bennett Jackson and Jabari Zuniga did not practice;
- Justin Hardee limped off and went inside with a trainer early on. After practice, Robert Saleh said he's being evaluated for a hip strain;
- Carl Lawson chased Zach Wilson out of bounds for a sack;
- Wilson just missed Jeff Smith deep and then had a pass dropped by Chris Herndon;
- Wilson connected with Denzel Mims for a first down, albeit after Mims had initially lined up in the wrong spot;
- Mims then saw a Mike White pass deflect off his hands for a Sharrod Neasman interception;
- Wilson banged his hand on a defensive player's helmet but shook it off and went back in and threw a 40-yard back shoulder completion to Jamison Crowder;
- Wilson struggled on the rest of that series with a near interception to Lamarcus Joyner on an overthrown deep ball. Joyner also blitzed for a sack;
- Mims beat Brandin Echols and caught a long pass from Mike White;
- Wilson then went three-and-out on an attempted drive with a Ty Johnson drop and a Foley Fatukasi sack;
- White followed this by marching the team downfield for a touchdown, scored on a run by Johnson after a run-heavy drive;
- Wilson's final drive was pretty good although Lawson had a tackle for loss and a sack, and the drive came to an end when Marcus Maye intercepted a forced throw into the end zone;
- The drive had earlier featured La'Mical Perine trucking Joyner for a first down and a long touchdown to Ryan Griffin that didn't count because Lawson got the sack before it was thrown;
- Wilson was sacked six times overall, with three of these by Lawson; and
- In the kicking gauntlet, Chris Naggar and Matt Ammendola combined to make all eight of their field goal attempts, with the longest coming from 55 yards.
There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET. Check back here for more coverage.