The Jets were on the field for another training camp practice on Wednesday with media and fans on hand.
Here's what else went down during practice, based on media reports and tweets from those in attendance:
- Chuma Edoga, who hurt his knee yesterday, did not practice;
- Alijah Vera-Tucker spent practice in the rehab area. Dan Feeney took over as the first team left guard in his absence but Alex Lewis also saw time there;
- In 1-on-1 drills, Elijah Moore had two touchdowns and Blessuan Austin had a leaping interception;
- There was a minor dust-up in the first team period with Jarrad Davis in the middle of it;
- Brandin Echols got some first team reps in place of Bryce Hall but was flagged in coverage;
- The offense mostly worked on runs initially with Tevin Coleman breaking a long run, but then Zach Wilson hit on a nice downfield throw to Keelan Cole, who beat Isaiah Dunn;
- Elijah Moore beat Echols and caught a 30-yard pass from Wilson;
- Mike White hit Ryan Griffin for 45 yards and a touchdown down the seam;
- Wilson had an unsuccessful 11-on-11 series in the red zone but Denzel Mims wrestled a James Morgan pass away from Jason Pinnock in the end zone;
- Carl Lawson and Elijah Campbell had would-be sacks;
- Zane Lewis intercepted White on a pass that deflected off Griffin's hands; and
- Wilson finished strong by completing 7 of 8 in the red zone with six touchdowns, including four to different tight ends.
After practice, Robert Saleh confirmed that both Vera-Tucker and Jabari Zuniga are day to day with a pec and ankle respectively.
There is another practice tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. ET. Check back here for more coverage.