The Jets held their second training camp practice of 2022 today and the media were on hand, so here's what went down based on reports from those in attendance:
- Zach Wilson threw just one pass in his first set during team drills, hitting Elijah Moore downfield;
- Breece Hall had a shifty run and a couple of catches early, snagging a screen pass with one hand. He also picked up the blitz well on one play later on;
- Jermaine Johnson showed some flashes coming off the edge, including a sack;
- Mike White threw a couple of nice deep balls. One was dropped but the other was caught by Tarik Black;
- Sauce Gardner was matched up with Corey Davis during team sessions. Bryce Hall had covered Davis most of the time yesterday;
- The defensive front was getting some good pressure on Wilson with George Fant and Mekhi Becton each taking a breather. Solomon Thomas had a sack and Wilson had to scramble a couple of times;
- Wilson found Davis downfield on a 50-50 ball while under pressure;
- Garrett Wilson made a leaping catch on a Joe Flacco pass;
- Bryce Huff beat Becton for two potential sacks. The play continued on the second one and Wilson hit Moore down the left sideline. He then hit Moore again over the middle;
- Vinny Curry also beat Becton for a sack;
- Mims had a catch on a Flacco pass; and
- Wilson went three-for-three on the final third down period but was scrambling to avoid pressure a lot. He hit Moore downfield then had shorter completions to Calvin Jackson and Tyler Conklin.
The Jets are scheduled to practice again tomorrow morning.