The Jets just wrapped up day four of their organized team activities. Here were some of the main things discussed after today's practice:
- Bowles wouldn't be drawn into criticizing Calvin Pryor, reiterating that the practices are voluntary and attributing Pryor not working with the first team to the fact they constantly move people around rather than any kind of punishment or demotion.
- He said Darron Lee is more mature and has become more vocal as he knows his role within the defense better. Bowles also said that he felt Lee played well last year even though he gave up a few plays and added that they see him as a weakside guy, not a MIKE linebacker.
- He isn't sure when Kelvin Beachum will be able to practice fully and noted that they are taking things slow. Rookie receivers Chad Hansen (hamstring) and ArDarius Stewart (thumb) were also held out.
- He said Juston Burris came back leaner and looks quicker. Like Lee, he is benefiting from knowing the defense.
- Finally, Bowles said Corey White will start off as a safety because they see that as an easier position to learn and involve himself in the defense
Also, in the locker room, wide receiver Robby Anderson said he was excited about the upcoming season but refused to comment on his recent arrest and Matt Forté made some more comments about wanting to be more involved in the passing game this year.
We'll provide further updates if anything significant is shared later on.