The Jets were back on the field for a public practice/scrimmage this morning. Here's what went down according to social media reports from those in attendance:
- Quincy Enunwa left practice with an apparent groin injury but stayed on the sideline and did not go to the locker room with staff;
- Leonard Williams sat out for the second straight day with hip irritation;
- Blake Cashman continues to impress in a major role with some good coverage and a big hit on Greg Dortch;
- Quinnen Williams beat a double-team for a sack;
- Doug Middleton intercepted a long Luke Falk pass;
- Trenton Cannon lost a fumble in the team period but also beat Mosley one on one for a score;
- Enunwa, Josh Bellamy and Robby Anderson caught touchdown passes from Sam Darnold;
- Tight ends Chris Herndon and Nick Truesdell made downfield catches;
- Davis Webb found an open Dortch for a red zone touchdown having already hit the rookie on another downfield completion;
- CJ Mosley, Nathan Shepherd, Jachai Polite and Jamey Mosley each had a sack and Jordan Jenkins had a tackle for loss; and
- Rontez Miles and Brian Poole had forced fumbles.
We'll update you later if there are any announced roster moves or newsworthy comments after practice. The team is off tomorrow.