Here were some of the more interesting comments from Todd Bowles following Monday's practice:
- Quincy Enunwa's injury is a bulging disc and he'll probably need surgery which will keep him out for 6 to 9 months. He's getting a second opinion on whether the surgery is necessary. The doctors said it shouldn't be career threatening.
- Bowles said they might look into whether adding bodies at wide receiver is required, but ultimately the young guys are just going to have to step up. He likes their talent but wouldn't single out anyone as having stood out so far.
- Bilal Powell was held out with a sore neck and Lorenzo Mauldin with a sore back.
- He said they can still evaluate the quarterback's performance regardless of who is at wide receiver.
- Bowles implied that it's difficult to impress him in training camp and that preseason games are more important.
- They haven't discussed who will start at quarterback in preseason and how the rotation will work.
- He's still not concerned that the defense is dominating on the blitz because they're still in the process of installing things. He was pleased with how they ran the ball today.
- They won't throw to the tight ends more just because of the Enunwa injury. "Our offense is our offense," he said.
- The injury itself wasn't necessarily deflating as injuries are something every team needs to deal with and he hasn't felt the need to address the team specifically about it.
We'll let you know if anyone else says anything interesting.