The Jets were back on the field for an indoors practice on Monday. Here's what happened:
- Jamal Adams and Matt Forté returned to practice as did Connor Harris and Claude Pelon. Forté, Harris and Pelon were in the rehab area with Marcus Murphy.
- Bilal Powell remained out. Gabe Marks, Lawrence Thomas and Jeremy Faulk missed practice for the first time. Lorenzo Mauldin also missed practice after going down a couple of times on Saturday, but Xavier Coleman was not listed as out despite also going down on Saturday.
- The battle for roles at the wide receiver position following news of Quincy Enunwa's season-ending injury got off to a bad start as Charone Peake and Myles White dropped passes in drills and nobody could get open in 7-on-7's.
- The starting skill position players in team periods were Elijah McGuire, Eric Tomlinson, Peake, Robby Anderson and Jalin Marshall.
- Chandler Catanzaro had a bad day, missing four of six field goals, including two from extra-point range.
- Christian Hackenberg got reps with the first team offense against the first team defense. In six plays, he completed one pass, had one batted down and was sacked once.
- Defense was dominating again with nine sacks, including three by Frank Beltre. Leonard Williams also had a good practice.
- Elijah McGuire, Lucky Whitehead and Wes Johnson all had to run laps for offensive penalties and Buster Skrine was called for pass interference twice.
- In red zone drills, Hackenberg completed four passes in a row, culminating in a 10-yard touchdown toss to Chris Gragg.
- Juston Burris broke up two passes in the red zone period and Rontez Miles also had a break-up.
- Practice ended on a high for the offense, as Austin Seferian-Jenkins caught a Josh McCown pass for a touchdown over Demario Davis.
We'll let you know if anyone says anything interesting after practice is over.