Here were some of the more interesting comments from Todd Bowles following Tuesday's practice:
- Jordan Leggett missed practice with a sore foot and Morris Claiborne sat out with a sore shoulder. He doesn't think either of these are long-term injuries.
- Bowles said he was evening the reps out today. Josh McCown knows what he's doing and can play, so they wanted to give the other guys some reps. (Note: This is exactly what he said he was going to do in one of last week's pressers).
- They won't have a specifically tailored gameplan for the Giants. They'll work on some more stuff defensively, but nothing particularly exotic, because they don't want to show their hand.
- The fact that there is a lot of competition isn't interfering with their preparation for the season in these preseason games.
- Whether or not starters play into the second half on Saturday night will depend on how the game is going.
- Spencer Paysinger is steady, smart and good on special teams. His ability to play both spots is useful and he's added to the competition there.
- There will be times when Leonard Williams, Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson are on the field together (they were today, at times) but it will depend on the gameplan for each week's game.
- There was no specific reason behind Charone Peake only playing a couple of snaps in Detroit. They just wanted to see some other guys.
- The young receivers are starting to get the plays down and showed up a little in the Lions game.
- He wasn't concerned that Matthew Stafford was able to find some open receivers against the starting defense on Saturday night, because they were working on some different things.
We'll let you know if anyone else says anything interesting.