The Jets were back on the field on Tuesday for their first proper practice of the final week of training camp. Here's what went down:
- Darron Lee, who was ill yesterday, was at practice but did not suit up. Lorenzo Mauldin also didn't practice again. Morris Claiborne and Jordan Leggett both missed practice too.
- Matt Forté returned to team drills and rookie cornerback Xavier Coleman practiced for the first time since the Green and White scrimmage.
- Marcus Murphy muffed a punt in return drills.
- Jason Vander Laan and Brian Winters each left the field with an apparent injury. Winters' injury appeared to be to his hand.
- Josh McCown threw a long touchdown to Robby Anderson in 7-on-7's. Anderson beat Juston Burris on the play. Christian Hackenberg responded with a 50-yard touchdown to Jalin Marshall.
- Once again, Ross Martin out-kicked Chandler Catanzaro, although both missed from 44 yards.
- Bruce Carter saw first team reps with Lee out and Darryl Roberts moved up to the first team nickel package with Claiborne missing.
- Bryce Petty struggled in team periods, throwing interceptions to Derrick Jones and Spencer Paysinger. Hackenberg also struggled. However, Hackenberg and Petty got the majority of the first-team reps while McCown barely featured.
- The media reacted like the above rotation was a huge shock, but it's worth noting that Todd Bowles said last week this was going to happen.
- Dylan Donahue threw Kelvin Beachum down for a would-be sack and the offensive line struggled again.
- Petty bounced back near the end of practice with a long touchdown to Chad Hansen, who made a nice over-the-shoulder catch.
We'll let you know if anyone says anything interesting after practice.