Here were some of the more interesting comments from Todd Bowles following Wednesday's practice:
- While he noted that Robby Anderson caught some balls today, he didn't go overboard in terms of his praise because there were some blown coverages.
- Bowles is not too concerned about the turnovers and would actually be concerned if the defense wasn't creating turnovers. He anticipates a back and forth.
- Christian Hackenberg's command of the huddle is improving.
- They're not ruling out any of the injured players from playing on Saturday yet and haven't discussed the playing time for the quarterbacks.
- Frank Beltre tweaked his groin and was held out today.
- The kicker competition is pretty close but will depend on how they do "when the lights come on".
- Micheal Strahan was at camp today. Bowles joked that he's a bit expensive but they might sign him if he brings his price down.
- He said having full-time officials is a great thing.
- Jonnotthan Harrison and Freddie Bishop have done well with their first team reps over the last few days. He said Wesley Johnson and Harrison are "in a good battle" at center.
- Finally, he paid tribute to Newsday's Kimberley Martin who is leaving the Jets beat to join the Buffalo News. He deadpanned that he was in disbelief, before wishing her the best and saying he was proud of her.
We'll let you know if anyone else says anything interesting.