The Jets were back on the field for practice on Wednesday. Here's what happened:
- Matt Forté was in pads again but again didn't practice. Lorenzo Mauldin and Bilal Powell were not in pads.
- Also in the rehab area were Gabe Marks, Shamarko Thomas, Deshon Foxx, Xavier Coleman and Connor Harris. Frank Beltre and Robby Anderson were in the rehab area to start with, but practiced fully.
- Brant Boyer was upset early on after Lucky Whitehead and Romar Morris dropped consecutive punts. Whitehead later limped off the field with an injury.
- Much of the practice was walk-throughs and individual drills and the back-up quarterbacks took the majority of the reps in team periods.
- The run defense was dominant in 7-on-7's, although Morris broke a nice run. Myles White had a couple of catches.
- Christian Hackenberg got the first set of first team reps in full team periods. After a scramble, another good run by Morris and a check-down to Jordan Todman, he was intercepted again by Rontez Miles. Intended receiver Eric Tomlinson apparently never looked back for the ball.
- For the second straight day, Freddie Bishop got first team reps. Jonnotthan Harrison was the first team center.
- Ross Martin was up first in the kicking competition for the first time. He and Chandler Catanzaro each made five of six.
- Anthony Johnson was in on a couple of sacks as the second unit was generating pressure against the starting offensive line, although they did block well on an Elijah McGuire run.
- Hackenberg bounced back well, connecting with Anderson a couple of times, Tomlinson and Jalin Marshall on his next few series. Anderson beat Juston Burris and Morris Claiborne.
- Claiborne, Buster Skrine and Marcus Maye each broke up a pass in team periods and Corey Lemonier was in on a couple of run stuffs.
- Bryce Petty connected twice with Frankie Hammond in team periods, the second one for a 35-yard touchdown, and then threw another long touchdown to Anderson on his next set.
- Hackenberg was almost intercepted again, but Demario Davis dropped it. Julian Stanford also batted down a Petty pass at the goal line.
- Hackenberg threw touchdowns to Hammond and McGuire during red zone work, but practice ended with a two-minute drill and another interception, this time by Dexter McDougle.
We'll let you know if anyone says anything interesting after practice is over.